Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Year's Eve










I am really enjoying today. Really enjoying it...
We ventured out early this morning to enjoy the light snow. The woods were frozen, as was the canal & pond that we like to think of as our very own...
Everywhere had that very still, quiet atmosphere of just fallen snow. Perfect.
My home is filled with the scent of turkey stock..my stock pot is full to the brim with the turkey remains, & has been bubbling away for the last hour or so. The girls have just come in from playing with freshly fallen snow (& still falling!) in the garden. We are going to cuddle up with our quilts & enjoy a movie. Maybe The Jungle Book. I have just made Snow Cocoa, which is cooling in a huge jug in the kitchen & we have lots of treats, mince pies & cookies left over to enjoy with the movie. I will be taking full advantage & getting on with some sock knitting.
Bliss.
I am hoping to meditate on my new years goals this evening...have you been thinking of yours? Today has been such a restful day after all the hurly burly of christmas. I am off to knit socks & think on the following:

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Lynn!

I love your photos, so wonderful! I must confess I gave up on new year's goals several years ago! I got tired of the dissapointment in feeling that I failed. Now I just try to live one day at a time, taking in what the Lord gives me to do that day and changing things as I go. I do celebrate this day however to think about the newness ahead, another chance to make things "new".

Blessings,
Melissa

Lynn said...

"Now I just try to live one day at a time, taking in what the Lord gives me to do that day and changing things as I go."

Melissa, this is a brilliant statement. I may well be refering back to it a month or two.....

Lori said...

beautiful photos :^)

Lynn said...

thank you, Lori!