Thursday 17 May 2007

Improving One's Health



For about the last month or so, I have been taking supplements, & using herbs to improve my immune system. Since the birth of R, who is now 20 months old, I have been repeatedly suffering with coughs, colds, ear, throat & chest infections.

I began with a general multi-vitamin, plus a vitamin B complex (good for boosting energy & balancing the mood) I then added as a short-term course, Vit C & zinc, plus an echinacea tincture, to really strengthen my poor immune system. E came down with a cold 5 days ago, so i increased my vit C to 2000mg per day. R then came down with a weak version of the cold (she is nursing...that helps a lot!) & I still dont have it! Praise God! I will continue with the increased Vit C, till the threat of cold has passed(!) then return to my daily 500mg.

I intend to do more research on boosting the immune system & treating ailments with herbs & supplements, as time permits.

No comments: